St. Francis of Assisi EDGE
7th & 8th Grade Youth Ministry Program
EDGE is our parish’s youth ministry program for all 7th & 8th grade youth of our parish who attend public, private, and home schools This is a program where our youth can learn about their faith, find a Catholic community, and experience Jesus all while having fun and serving others. As young adolescents are moving from a child-like spirituality, it is our goal with EDGE to help them develop an adult faith commitment to Jesus Christ and the Catholic Community.
EDGE Program Areas
1. Faith Formation: These EDGE nights will help our youth learn and grow in their Catholic faith. The themes of the nights will be catechetical, issue, or social nights. EDGE uses small group discussion for our youth to ask questions as learn about about the topic of the night. We have discovered with our EDGE youth, that small groups that are gender and grade specific yield more fruitful discussion.
- Two sessions are offered:
- Registration is required through Youth Faith Formation for the school year. When registering, please choose the correct gender grade for your child.
2. Social Events: These events will be offered to create a community for our youth. These will be on-site at Saint Francis or off-site and offered throughout the year.
- Online registration is required for each event.
3. Service Opportunities: These opportunities will be held throughout the year to help our youth put their faith into action. Space may be limited depending on the opportunity.
- Online registration is required for each opportunity.
4. Spiritual Activities: These activities will give our youth the opportunity to deepen and learn more about their Catholic faith throughout the year.
- Online registration is required for each activity.
Spring 2019 calendar of social, service, and spiritual activities available below. Other activities will be added as they are finalized.
Online registration will take place at https://sfachurch.revtrak.net/rwedge/.
The name EDGE recognizes that middle school youth are on the EDGE in their life, and if we as a church don’t do something about it, they’re going to fall off the EDGE and we are never ever going to see them again. But, at the same time we as a church are going to give them the EDGE they need in life, Jesus Christ, the Sacraments, Sacred Scripture, the Teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, and a Catholic Community to love, nurture and challenge them.
Our Youth Faith Formation programs rely on parents, families and parishioners as volunteers to support our children as they grow in their faith. Each of the volunteer roles are either 100% Tuition Waived or 50% Tuition Refunded. If you are interesting in learning more about the volunteer opportunities, please visit Youth Faith Formation Volunteer Opportunities.
For more information about EDGE or any of the program areas, contact EDGE Coordinator, Sarah Drey at 515.440.1030 or email@example.com.
Social, Service, and Spiritual Activities
January 26 – 6:00-9:00pm
Social: Pizza & Game Night at St. Francis
February 15 – 6:00-9:00pm
Social: Get Air
(Timing includes meeting at SFA and travel to/from event)
March 8 – 4:30-8:00pm
Service: Volunteer at Special Needs Lenten Respite Event
March 19 – 9:00-2:00pm
Service: Spring Break Church Cleaning
March 29 – 5:00pm
Spiritual: Stations of the Cross (Hosted by the Youth)
April 7 – 6:00pm
Social: Movie Screening of Screenagers. Separate screenings for youth and parents with optional discussion following movie.