Our purpose is to provide an environment that will:
- Nurture and stimulate the development of the whole child.
- Increase each child's knowledge and understanding of God.
- Surround each child with the feeling of God's presence in themselves, others and creation.
- Encourage each child to actively participate in Catholic Christian life by loving God and sharing God's love with others
- A structured yet flexible classroom routine
- A balance of self-selected and teacher directed activities
- A wide variety of materials and meaningful, learning play centers
- Classroom and community prayer experiences as well as outreach projects
Our emphasis will be on developmentally appropriate, experiential education that is safe, satisfying and fun for children in order to promote an eagerness for life-long learning and Catholic Christian living.
Important Announcements & Dates:
2019-20 Enrollment Request Period January 14-18, 2019:
A Preschool Information Night will be held on Monday, January 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall to launch our 2019-20 "Request for Enrollment" period and to answer any questions regarding the preschool program and our enrollment process. If your child will meet the eligibility requirements (see below) and enrollment for the 2019-20 school year is desired, a "Request for Enrollment" form must be completed and submitted at the Information Night or at the Parish Office between Monday, January 14th and Friday, January 18th, 2019. For questions, contact Tammy Myers, Preschool Director, at 223-4577 Ext. 116 or by email.
2018-19 2nd Semester Enrollment:
We have current openings for second semester 2018-19 in Pre-K and Little Learners. If you have a child that was 4 years old by September 15th, 2018 or two years old by January 1st, 2018 and would like to seek enrollment starting in January 2019 for this year's second semester, please contact Tammy Myers.
Session Time Information:
- Classes for the Little Learners (children must be 2 yrs. old by Jan. 1 of year enrollment is desired) are held on Wednesday and Friday mornings form 8:35-11:05 am.
- Classes for the Growing Learners (children must be 3 yrs. old by Sept. 15 of year enrollment is desired) are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (morning session 8:35-11:05 am & afternoon session 12:20-2:50 pm).
- Classes for the Pre-Kindergarten Learners (children must be 4 yrs old by Sept. 15 of year enrollment is desired) are held Monday through Thursday (morning session 8:30-11:15 am and afternoon session 12:15-3 pm).
For 2018-19, a non-refundable registration fee of $150.00 per child will be collected upon accepting an enrollment offer. 2018-19 tuition is $150.00 per month for the Little Learner program, $176.00 per month for the Growing Learner program and $238.00 per month for the Pre-Kindergarten Learner program. Tuition is due monthly. Families with multiple children enrolled in the program will receive a discount on monthly tuition for their second and/or third, etc. child currently enrolled as determined by the St. Francis Board of Education each year. St. Francis Preschool will honor the tuition reduction benefit for children of St. Francis parish staff and Diocese of Des Moines staff as applicable.
Note: Enrollment at St. Francis of Assisi Preschool is not related to enrollment at St. Francis of Assisi School or vice versa. No prioritization is given to those enrolled in one program for admittance in the other.