High School Faith Formation
High School Faith Formation serves all of our parish’s students in grades 9-12. The programs that make up HSFF serve students from five area high schools and include Confirmation preparation, Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH) and other various diocesan and parish programs throughout the year.
Students receive the Sacrament of Confirmation during the fall of their sophomore year. Formation takes place during their freshman year.
- Ninth-grade students attend six small group preparation sessions designed to help the students strengthen their own faith lives
- Small groups meet on the first Wednesday during the months of September, October, November, February, March, and April
- Before attending their first session, students are asked to complete their Faith HABITS worksheet
- Students register the summer prior to their ninth-grade year
Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH)
FISH is our youth ministry program.
- Open to all students in grades 9-12
- Meets on the second, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month from September to May
- Begins at 6:30 with social and food (usually pizza!)
- Topic/activity of the night begins at 7:15 pm
FISH in March
At FISH during Lent we will focus on prayer. We remember that during Lent we should be more mindful of fasting, prayer, and almsgiving--by taking the time to focus on our own prayer lives we can better prepare ourselves for Easter.
All students in grades 9-12 are welcome to join us:
March 21--The Rosary
March 28--The Jesus Prayer
- The fifth Confirmation session will be on Wednesday, March 7. Sessions begin at 7:15 pm and end at 8:30 pm. The remaining session will be held on April 4. The Confirmation Retreat is Saturday, April 28.
- All adults and high school age parishioners are invited to complete the Faith Formation Council survey. The Faith Formation Council would like your input on how St. Francis of Assisi Parish can help each person grow in their Catholic faith. Please complete the survey by March 25--a link to the survey can be found here. The responses remain anonymous. If you include your contact information you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Hy-Vee gift card!
Spring is here, so that means it's time to spring clean the church! On the Thursday during Spring Break, we will be working to clean the church's worship space. This service day is our way to give back to our parish community!
Parents are welcome to participate in this service opportunity also (but not required). This event will count towards service hours. Lunch will be provided.
When: Thursday, March 15
Time: 9 am-2 pm
Where: St. Francis
Registration Deadline: March 13
For more details and to register, click here.
All youth grades 7-12 are invited to Youth Stations of the Cross. Our youth will spend some time together in prayer and meditating on Jesus's journey to his crucifixion and resurrection. For those interested, we will then attend the Knights of Columbus Fish Fry as a group.
If you are not able to make it to the fish fry, please still plan to come to the Stations of the Cross. Parents and families are invited to attend the Stations of the Cross also.
When: Friday, March 23
Where: St. Francis
Cost: $10 for Fish Fry or $5 for Fish Fry if 12years old
Click here for more details.
Summer Mission Trip: Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the summer mission trip. We are headed to David, Kentucky, located in the hills of the Appalachian Mountains. Cost is $325 per student. A $25 non-refundable deposit is due with registration. Register by April 27, 2018. Final payment is due by July 1, 2018.