Book: The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity
Author: Matthew Kelly
Dates: Lent 2019
Books available in the Faith Formation Office.
3 ways to participate
- Online. Click here to sign up for daily inspirational emails beginning Ash Wednesday and continuing through the 40 days of Lent. Email has short videos from Matthew Kelly and the Dynamic Catholic team that features content from The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity.
- Small groups in homes or other locations. Create and host your own group. You decide the details, such as facilitator, dates, times and locations. Group size determined by host. Register here.
- Small groups at St. Francis. Sundays of Lent 9:15-10:45am in the Serra Room. March 10, 17, 24, 31 and April 7. Maximum 64 people. Register here.
Set aside time to examine your heart and recommit yourself to a deeper relationship with Jesus this Lent. This five-week prayer series, adapted from the "Ignatian Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life," includes:
- Committing to daily personal prayer
- Weekly faith sharing
- Suggested scriptures and meditations for the next week’s prayer.
Mar 7-Apr 4
St. Francis of Assisi Church Assisi Room
Suggested donation for materials $30. Limited to 13 participants. Register here.
Need childcare? Limited childcare with advance child registration by Feb 28 at this link.
Lenten Prayer Journey is a prayer experience offered through the ministries of Emmaus House and hosted by St. Francis of Assisi parish.
Men's Faith Sharing
Some groups discuss the Sunday readings. Others hear and share faith stories. No registration required.
Tuesdays from 9-9:45pm in the Assisi Room. (This group will begin meeting Tues, March 26, 2019. For security reasons, please come in and leave the building from the north circle drive entrance.)
Contact: Bryon Bootman at email@example.com or 989-264-5447. Tim Mead at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-669-5433
Wednesdays at 6:30am in the Serra Room. Group meets 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Contact: Dan Nielson at email@example.com or (515) 988-7085 or Chris Doud at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturdays at 8am in the Assisi Room.
Contact: Jim Henscheid, email@example.com or (515) 422-0960.
Women's Faith Sharing
Based on the Ignatian prayer reflection process and the examen, this weekly group follows Sacred Space: The Prayer Book. No registration required.
Mondays at 8pm in the Assisi Room.
Contact: Jennifer Scheck, firstname.lastname@example.org