We invite households to GROW in their faith by completing 2-3 activities from below that reinforce the month’s theme. Please choose the activities that appeal to your household members.
January’s Theme: Holy Families, Imperfect Families
Scripture: Love never fails. –1 Corinthians 13:8(a)
Past Months –Link to activities and replays from previous months
This month’s activities are based on the “7 Keys to Christ-Centered Living” listed on the Magnet in your take-away bag!
Offer a prayer at mealtime
Pray before every meal, every day with these 10 Prayers Before Meals – Short, Simple, Beautiful!
Receive the Holy Eucharist for strength and nourishment
Commit to participating in mass every week whether you are in town or traveling out of town.
- Mass times for St. Francis
- Diocese of Des Moines Mass Times
- Out of Town, check MassTimes.org
- Check out these 5 Tips to Engage in Mass More Deeply
Read God’s word
Before going to Mass read the readings for the day so you can more fully participate in the liturgy.
- Check out the daily & Sunday readings on the USCCB website.
- Watch a reflection on the Sunday Gospel under the Good News section (available for Children, Teens & Adults)
Commit to faith, hope and love
Learn about faith, hope and love–symbols of our faith–so you can live them out in your daily life.
- Read Learning, Faith, Hope, and Love to understand more about these virtues, ways to grow in the virtues, and how to share them with children.
- Ponder the Pearl of Great Value.
Reach out to help someone in need
Be aware of the needs of others so you can offer assistance.
- Hang the chalk board in your take-away bag. Encourage everyone to add prayer intentions to the board. Gather daily as a household to pray for these intentions.
Share your story
Share how you, as a disciple, are growing in your faith. The SFA Encounter topic on the Together in Faith Gather page is a simple way to share your faith journey with your faith family.
Sanctify daily duties
Offer up each moment to God.
- Read Do Something Beautiful for God by Mother Teresa included in your take-away bag. Read one short thought today. Ponder it, act upon it and offer it up to God.