Agreement for the Acceptable Use of the Saint Francis Guest Wireless Network
By the action of clicking Proceed, you agree to abide by the following terms.
Content: Users of the SFA guest wireless network will receive filtered access to the internet but will not be provided with access to any internal SFA resources.
Personal Responsibility: Saint Francis assumes no responsibility for the loss of, theft of or damage to any personal device connected to the guest wireless network or any information on that device.
Security: Users shall not impair the security of the SFA guest wireless network. This expectation includes but is not limited to: Users are expected to maintain up to date antivirus and antispyware protection on all devices that are connected to the SFA guest wireless network. Devices without up to date security programs may be denied access to the network.
Limited IT Support: Users are responsible for setting up and maintaining the devices that they connect to the network. SFA will assist guests on a best effort basis, but provides no assurance of connectivity.
Inappropriate Use: The SFA guest network is a shared and limited resource and all users have an obligation to use that resource responsibly. Guests shall use the network only for activities directly related to the purpose of their visit to Saint Francis. They shall not use the network for activities that violate school policy or local law. These include but are not limited to:
- Online gaming.
- Downloading software, music, movies or other content in violation of licensing requirements, copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Downloading, viewing or sharing inappropriate content, including pornographic, defamatory or otherwise offensive material.
- Conducting any activity that is in violation of school policy or local, state or federal law.
- Participating in political activities.
- Conducting for-profit business.
- Using hacking tools on the network or intentionally introducing malicious code into the SFA network.
- Using any software or proxy service to obscure the user’s ip address or the sites that the user visits.
- Disabling, bypassing, or attempting to disable any system monitoring, filtering or other security measures.
- Accessing or attempting to access material or systems on the network that the user if not authorized to access.
No Expectation of Privacy: SFA can and does monitor internet access and activity on the SFA network, including but no limited to sites visited and content viewed.
Disruptive Activity: Users should not intentionally interfere with the performance of the SFA guest network or the SFA’s overall network.
Unauthorized Networks: Users may not create unauthorized wireless networks to access SFA guest wireless network. This includes establishing wireless access points, wireless routers and open networks on personal devices.
No Use of Wired Networks: Users may use only the SFA guest wireless network. They may not attach personal devices to the SFA network. Users may use the wired network with specific permission of SFA Tech support.
Consequences of Inappropriate Use: Users who misuse SFA guest wireless network will be denied future access to the network, may be asked to leave SFA facilities, and may be subject to legal action in accordance with applicable laws.