High School Faith Formation serves all of our parish’s students in grades 9-12. The programs that make up HSFF serve students from five area high schools and include Confirmation preparation, Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH) and other various diocesan and parish programs throughout the year.
- Fees for Confirmation Preparation are $55 per student
- Fees for FISH are $65 per student
For more information, contact Christy Peletz, High School Faith Formation Coordinator, (515) 440-1030 or email@example.com.
Adult Volunteers Needed
Adults can volunteer in various ways including:
- FISH small group leaders
- Confirmation small group leaders
- HSFF event support
- Youth and High School Faith Formation Advisory Team
The purpose of the Youth and High School Faith Formation Advisory Team is to develop a multifaceted approach to faith formation by identifying, creating, and offering a variety of resources and opportunities for youth and family faith formation. To learn more please call the Faith Formation Office (515) 440-1030.
Students receive the Sacrament of Confirmation during the fall of their sophomore year. Formation takes place during their freshman year.
- Ninth-grade students attend six small group preparation sessions designed to help the students strengthen their own faith lives
- Small groups meet on the first Wednesday during the months of October, November, December, February, March, and April
- Before attending their first session, students are asked to complete their Faith HABITS worksheet (PDF)
- Students register the summer prior to their ninth-grade year
2019-20 Confirmation Small Group Schedule
|Wednesday, October 2||7:15 – 8:30 pm|
|Wednesday, November 6||7:15 – 8:30 pm|
|Wednesday, December 4||7:15 – 8:30 pm|
|Wednesday, February 5||7:15 – 8:30 pm|
|Wednesday, March 4||7:15 – 8:30 pm|
|Wednesday, April 1||7:15 – 8:30 pm|
Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH)
FISH is our high school youth ministry program open to ALL 9-12 grade students.
When is FISH?
- 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Wednesday of the month September through April
In the 2019-20 school year, the students will be invited to share in the opportunity to grow in their faith and become better acquainted with the Gospels as we follow LifeTeen and YDisciple curriculum.
- FISH: Wednesday, January 15, 6:30-8:30pm, Youth Room
- Youth Mass, Sunday, January 19, 5pm, Church
- FISH: Wednesday, January 22, 6:30-8:30pm, Youth Room
- FISH: Wednesday, January 29, 6:30-8:30pm, Youth Room
- FISH: Wednesday, February 12, 6:30-8:30pm, Youth Room
- Youth Mass, Sunday, February 16, 5pm, Church
- ASH Wednesday Mass, February 26, 5:30pm, Church