About Our Program
Our purpose is to provide an environment that will:
- Nurture and stimulate the development of the whole child.
- Increase each child’s knowledge and understanding of God.
- Surround each child with the feeling of God’s presence in themselves, others and creation.
- Encourage each child to actively participate in Catholic Christian life by loving God and sharing God’s love with others
Our curriculum will promote emotional, social, creative, physical, cognitive and spiritual development through:
- A structured yet flexible classroom routine
- A balance of self-selected and teacher directed activities
- A wide variety of materials and meaningful, learning play centers
- Classroom and community prayer experiences as well as outreach projects
Our emphasis will be on developmentally appropriate, experiential education that is safe, satisfying and fun for children in order to promote an eagerness for life-long learning and Catholic Christian living.
Program Levels/Times & Eligibility Information
St. Francis Preschool offers 3 levels of programming to prepare children to progress toward Kindergarten.
Little Learners (children must have turned 2 years old by January 1 of the year enrollment is requested):
A class of 16 children in the morning (8:35am-11:05am) on Wednesdays and Fridays. Intended for the youngest classroom learner (possibly 3 years from Kindergarten). Program emphasis on separating from parents, self-help skills, awareness and acceptance of others, sharing space and materials, exploration and creative expression.
Growing Learners (children must be 3 years old by September 15 of the year enrollment is requested):
A class of 16 children in the morning (8:35am-11:05 am) and 16 children in the afternoon (12:20pm-2:50pm) on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Intended for the progressing early learner (possibly 2 years from Kindergarten). Program emphasis on growing independence, increasing self-regulation, building social and communication skills, and awakening of academic interest.
Pre-Kindergarten Learners (children must be 4 years old by September 15 of the year enrollment is requested):
A class of 24 children in the morning (8:30am-11:15am) and 24 children in the afternoon (12:15pm-3pm) Mondays-Thursdays each week. Intended for the maturing early learner (the year before Kindergarten). Program emphasis on school readiness skills of self-assurance and regulation, character building, social awareness, decision making, time management, problem solving, and increasing academic interest/skill.
*All children must be toilet trained prior to attendance.
For more information about registration, check out the school website.